The Apple Charlotte dessert is like a little French apple pie…
With only 7 ingredients required, it’s a quick-and-easy winter pudding for the whole family.
Ingredients: (serves 8-10)
- 1.5kg Apples
- 100g Butter
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 ½ Loaves of Sasko Cranberry Plus Brown Bread
- 80g Butter (softened)
- Whipped Cream or Custard to serve
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- Melt the 100g of butter in a large pot on medium heat, then add the apple slices, sugar and lemon juice and stir to ensure that all of the apple slices are coated in the butter and sugar. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the apples have softened and the liquid has reduced.
- Remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Cut the crusts off the Sasko Bread and smear each slice with the softened butter.
- Take a 23cm round cake tin and layer the bread like dominos around the sides and along the bottom of the cake tin, ensuring there are no holes or gaps.
- Spoon in the apples and seal with the remaining slices of bread, folding over the bread sticking out along the sides of the cake tin and then pressing the top down gently to seal.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, then allow to cool for 15 minutes in the cake tin before loosening the sides and turning our onto a serving plate.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
*Woman Online adapted from press release.