Prospective students who wish to study at Nelson Mandela University in 2022 are invited to apply for a certificate, diploma or degree qualification using our online application system. The Nelson Mandela University, NMU online application 2022 has been open for admissions into various programmes in the institution.
Nelson Mandela University is today a sought-after educational destination and the most diverse university in South Africa. NMU brings together practical and higher education, as students can study towards diplomas and degrees up to and including doctoral level, and a number of courses include workplace experience as part of the curriculum.
Nelson Mandela University has more than 500 study programmes in seven excellent faculties that help their students achieve academic excellence. They are well-known for art and design, building, chartered accounting, engineering, health and environmental sciences, and information technology.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economic Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering, The Built Environment and Information Technology
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
Full Details – List of Courses Offered at Nelson Mandela University
- Bird Street Campus
- George Campus
- Missionvale Campus
- North Campus
- Second Avenue Campus
- South Campus
- Ocean Sciences Campus
2022 Application Closing Dates
- Early closing date: 03 August 2020
- Late closing date: 30 September 2020
Full Details – NMU Application Closing Dates
In order to ensure adequate time for application, processing and planning by the university and yourself, applications for early admission should be submitted by 03 August 2020.
Important Related Information:
- NMU Fees Schedule
- NMU Student Portal
- NSFAS Application
- Get your Matric Result
How to Apply
Decided what you want to study? Meet the requirements? Right, now you can apply.
Apply online for admission to study at Nelson Mandela University here
See Also – NMU Late Application and How to Apply
- a copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- the most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety which can be found here
- If you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
If you are admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
Final acceptance is dependent on your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
We recommend you download the NMU Prospectus for proper guidance. Click here to access the Prospectus.
NMU Application Status
After successful submission of your application form, you may want to start tracking your application status. The following page shows you how to do that properly.
Click here if you want to track your application status or confirm an offer.
Got any question or correction regarding this post? kindly drop a comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media below.